Mansfield Park by Jane Austen has always had its admirers. I must admit, I am liking the novel more and more. Seen across the ether, are some interesting sites and posts:
- Mansfield Park by Chris Dornan is a brand new blog. You might also check out his other blog, Peace and Wisdom, in which he writes about Jane’s novels, politics, and Buddhism. Recently his thoughts have turned mostly to Jane.
- Arti at Ripple Effects writes about Fanny Price in Mansfield Park: The Contrarian, and comes away greatly admiring the heroine.
- A Reading of Mansfield Park is a compilation of Ellen Moody’s comments about the novel on two listservs and certainly worth a visit.
- Pemberley Image Gallery offers two graphics of Mansfield Park for its discussion board. One is rather sedate; the other, which sits on page two, is rather out there. Both images represent how people feel about this novel – either you love it or hate it.
- I’m a little late reading this review of Mansfield Park 2007 on Flick Filosopher. In it the critic likens Fanny Price to a Mary Sue, and she seems to assume that the the film’s portrayal of Fanny is accurate.